Our detailed reviews focus on 4 things:
- The quality of the water: Would you want to jump and play in the water?
- The surrounding waterfront: Is it easy to put in and take out anywhere?
- The parking & accessibility to the waterfront: Can you find enough close parking?
- The picnic & day use area: Is it easy to enjoy the day there with friends and family?
Top places to paddle
Louise Hays Park – Kerrville, TX
Kerrville is home of one of Texas’s top-10 places to paddle! Click to read our detailed review and pro-tips on how to enjoy this fantastic park & river trail
Seguin Paddle Trail at Starkey Park – Seguin, TX
by guest writer Rusty – Local SUP & Long board legend
Joe’s Place Marina and Resort – Medina Lake, MICO, TX
Other detailed reviews coming up:
Want to submit a review? Give us a hollar on Facebook, Instagram, or shoot us an email at TexasPaddleBoard@gmail.com
More Places to Kayak and Paddle Board Outside San Antonio
- Canyon Lake: Canyon Lake Forrest @ Dock 5
- Boerne Lake
- Medina Lake
- Paradise Canyon
- Nichol’s Landing Paddling Trail – Upper Guadalupe River
Downtown San Antonio on the San Antonio River
- King William Paddling Zone: from Nueva south to the blue buoys above S. Alamo. Access from Guenther St. (.8 miles)
- Mission Reach Paddling Zone (area 1) from below the chute at VFW to the canoe chute adjacent to Padre Park. Access from VFW below the chute, or from Padre Park. (.7 miles)
- Mission Reach Paddling Zone (area 2) from the bridge below the canoe chute adjacent to Padre Park to the blue buoys above Espada Dam. Access from Espada or Acequia Park. (~1 mile)
Full Map from San Antonio River Authority (SARA) with every access point: https://www.sara-tx.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/SARIP-Full-Map-2017-web11.pdf
NOTE: There are city rules to follow: (http://www.sanantonio.gov/ParksAndRec/Programs-Classes-Fun/Fun-On-Your-Own/Paddling)
San Antonio Parks with paddling lakes
- Elmendorf Lake Park, 3700 W. Commerce. Launch & Recovery Area: dock
- Miller’s Pond Park, 6175 Old Pearsall Park. Launch and Recovery Area: dock
- South Side Lions Park, 3900 Pecan Valley Drive. Launch and Recovery Area: Near pavilion #2 (Facing the pavilion, 30 to 40 yards to the east)
- Woodlawn Lake Park, 1103 Cincinnati: Launch and Recovery Area: dock
- Medina River Natural Area, 15890 Highway 16 South: Launch & Recovery Area: Approximately 1/2 mile from the parking lot. Boundary: State Highway 16 to Old Applewhite Road