Where can you find pickleball courts and places to play in San Antonio? Playing tennis is easy and free everywhere – why does it have to be so hard to find the same resources for Pickleball? The information on City Parks & Rec pages are incomplete or very helpful. Let’s fix that….
Here’s a list, then a more detailed review of each public and private place to play pickleball in the San Antonio area grouped by what parts of town they are in.
Northside: Pickleball courts near 1604 and I-10 to 281
- Oak Haven Park (public park, 1 court)
- Blossom Park (public park, 2 courts)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Open play every Saturday morning, 4 courts)
- Forrest Hills Presbyterian Church (private, indoor courts)
- French Creek Village neighborhood HOA court (technically private?)
- Villas at the Rim Apartment complex (private, gated for residents, 1 court)
- Chicken N Pickle (similar to Top Golf – high hourly fee with food options)
- Lifetime Fitness (Membership required)
- Jewish Community Center (Membership required, Monday night challenge courts)
Note: None of the NISD high school tennis courts have pickleball lines.
Details, photos and review of Northside pickleball courts
Oak Haven Park: 1 Tennis court painted with pickleball lines. Not lighted or shaded.
Address: 16400 Parkstone; San Antonio, Texas; 78232
Blossom Park: 2 tennis courts only partially painted for pickleball. The city’s website says its painted for pickleball, but that’s just not accurate. The rest of the park is really cool. The Spurs funded a bunch of renovations to it. Maybe the courts had dedicated pickleball lines before the renovations?
Address: 15015 Heimer Rd; San Antonio Tx; 78232
(fee) Chicken N Pickle. Great place with rare $5 open play hours as well as a $40/hour court fee the rest of the time. It’s like TopGolf but for pickleball. They are making money hand-over-fist until the city builds more courts.
(fee) Jewish Community Center (aka “The JCC”):
12500 N.W. Military Highway
(membership) Lifetime Fitness
(private gated apartment) Villas at the Rim
Downtown and Inside the 410 loop
- Fairchild Park
- SA Factory Of Champions
Eastside: Near I-35 and towards New Braunfels
- Cibolo Nimetz park
- Olliewoods Oasis
- Morgan’s Wonderland
- FIT High Performance Tennis & Pickleball center